I had no idea where my lost super was or the names of the funds. I just new it was scattered everywhere and I should definitely have more than $3,000 in my super. Australian Super Finder found all 7 of my funds and now my balance is almost $50,000. Thank you so much for getting my super back on track. ? Leonie, Thomastown VIC

Super Facts and Tips

Temporary Resident Departing Australia

Benefits can't be accessed if temporary residents have reached retired and preservation age, or 65 years. Temporary residents can access super benefits only if they:

• have a life-threatening medical condition
• suffer permanent or temporary incapacity
• have passed away (paid to estate or beneficiary), or
• are departing Australia permanently.

To access super before permanently leaving Australia, call us on 1300 252 167.

Departed Australia

To access your superannuation after leaving Australia permanently, you can request a DASP (Departing Australia Superannuation Payment) bound by the following instances happening within the past six months: • leaving Australia
• your visa's expiration or cancellation.

If you don't apply to the Superannuation Fund for such payment within six months, we'll pay your super benefit to the ATO deemed as unclaimed superannuation, and you won't be the Super Fund's member any longer. Consequently, you won't earn returns with the fund and whichever applicable insurance obtained via Media Super will stop.

You could request your super benefit from the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) as soon as we've transferred it.

Your fund depends on relief offered by the ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission) and won't provide former temporary residents that have departed, whose super benefits are funded to the ATO, with exit statements or notices during or after the time the super benefits are financed to the ATO.

For help in accessing unclaimed superannuation, go to www.australiansuperfinder.com.au

Loading PLease Wait..