I had no idea where my lost super was or the names of the funds. I just new it was scattered everywhere and I should definitely have more than $3,000 in my super. Australian Super Finder found all 7 of my funds and now my balance is almost $50,000. Thank you so much for getting my super back on track. ? Leonie, Thomastown VIC

Super Facts and Tips

If the Australian DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship) confirms you're qualified to apply for a DASP (departing Australia superannuation payment) and the unclaimed super money payment, the scheme will search the records of the ATO to find the super fund(s) where your super benefits could be held. In some instances, super fund/s could've transferred cash to the ATO deemed as unclaimed super money. If any is located, then the scheme will produce a request for every application and fund for an unclaimed super money payment and cue you to give further info. This search is going to be assisted if you give your Australian TFN.

Include Your Contact Details and Other Personal Info

You'll have to supply your present contact information including your postal and email address. The ATO and your super provider will mail the payment to the provided address from your application.

Add Your Super Information

If the Australian Taxation Office has your superannuation records, the system will directly provide a request for every super account it located in the search. Then you should provide as much further info as possible, for example, the super fund number, the client identification of the super fund, as well as the date you entered the fund. Your super statements must help you locate this info.

This system permits you to request as many super funds as you have to. If the search didn't identify all or any of your super accounts, then you can include a new application. If you don't wish to present any of the applications you have, you can decide to delete them as well.

If You Haven't Departed Australia or, Have an Active Visa

When you apply for a DASP, and if the DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship) says that you haven't departed Australia yet or that you still have an active visa, then you can still register your information in the system as well as save your application/s. You could enter the system so as to update and present your request/s once you've departed Australia permanently.

If you've departed Australia, but still have an active visa, you could ask DIAC to terminate your visa.

For more information in system searches for super, visit www.australiansuperfinder.com.au

Loading PLease Wait..